Under pressure from worker and employer representatives, the MOL's Chief Prevention Officer has extended its Working at Heights Deadline to October 1, 2017.
But dont cancel your training yet, this extension only applies to workers who;
- Have proof of taken working at heights or equivilant prior to April 1, 2015
- Are booked for a class; and
- Has proof of registration.
If the worker does not have a record of training for fall protection prior to April 2015, the worker still must have met the April 1, 2017 deadline.
The proof of registration must be available to a MOL inspector upon request and must include the following information;
- The name of the worker
- The name of the approved training provider
- The date on which the approved training is scheduled to be completed
- The name of the approved training program
Hopefully this helps clarify the Miinistry of Labour Working at Heights Extension